Mega farms and distributes chicks in Zambia.
We supply two breeds of chicks.
Day-old broiler chicks for meat consumption and day-old layer chicks for table eggs. These are farmed in the Chikumbi area, Lusaka, at our breeder farmer and distributed through our Depots, Stores and Trucks.
Read our order procedure
Broiler Day-old Chicks
- Lowest cost of live weight produced
- Superior performance on lower cost feed rations
- Most feed efficient
- Excellent growth rate
- Best broiler uniformity for processing
- Competitive breeder
Layer Day-old Chicks
Lohmann Brown Classic
- The Lohmann Brown Classic breed were bred for markets which requires more XL - size eggs. (Greater return on investment)
- The Lohmann Brown Layer bird is well known for efficient production of quality brown eggs with less feed intake than the most pullets and high early egg weight.
- A leader with a reputation for persistent production and excellent shell strength.
- The Lohmann Brown is ideally suited for long laying cycles giving high numbers of first quality, saleable eggs.
- Calm and friendly, the Pullets are of great temperament and nesting behavior enabling the bird to perform exceptionally well in both colony and alternative systems.
- Under good management, Lohmann Brown Classic pullets will lay 295+ large brown eggs in their first year of lay.