Mega farms and distributes chicks in Zambia.
We supply two breeds of chicks.
Day-old broiler chicks for meat consumption and day-old layer chicks for table eggs. These are farmed in the Chikumbi area, Lusaka, at our breeder farmer and distributed through our Depots, Stores and Trucks.
Broiler Day-old Chicks
- Lowest cost of live weight produced
- Superior performance on lower cost feed rations
- Most feed efficient
- Excellent growth rate
- Best broiler uniformity for processing
- Competitive breeder
Layer Day-old Chicks
Lohmann Brown Classic
- The Lohmann Brown Classic breed were bred for markets which requires more XL - size eggs. (Greater return on investment)
- The Lohmann Brown Layer bird is well known for efficient production of quality brown eggs with less feed intake than the most pullets and high early egg weight.
- A leader with a reputation for persistent production and excellent shell strength.
- The Lohmann Brown is ideally suited for long laying cycles giving high numbers of first quality, saleable eggs.
- Calm and friendly, the Pullets are of great temperament and nesting behavior enabling the bird to perform exceptionally well in both colony and alternative systems.
- Under good management, Lohmann Brown Classic pullets will lay 295+ large brown eggs in their first year of lay.